1 1/2 CUP SUGAR
1/2 CUP BUTTER
2 TABLESPOONS OF WATER
4 OZ. OF UNSWEETENED 100% COCOA CHOCOLATE BAKING BARS
1 1/2 TEASPOON OF VANILLA
1 1/2 CUP OF FLOUR
1/4 TEASPOON OF BAKING SODA
1/2 TEASPOON OF SALT
1/2 CUP CHOPPED NUTS (OPTIONAL)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Greast 13 X 9 inch pan. I like to use pie tins instead
2. In saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water then heat to boiling, STIR CONSTANTLY.
3. REMOVE FROM HEAT JUST AFTER BOILING
4. Break up your baking bars and add them to the saucepan, stir until melted.
5. Stir in one egg at a time until blended completely.
6. Stir in Vanilla
5. Blend flour, salt and baking soda THEN STIR IN.
8. Stir in nuts or coconut or peanut butter chips...what ever you might like. You can also add these to the top and make a "topping" as well.
9. Pour mixture into baking pan
10 Bake at 350 for 15-20 miutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky. I usually find 15 minutes is perfect.
MAKE SURE TO COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE CUTTING INTO BROWNIES.