This is another quick easy recipe that only takes about 20 minutes but looks like it takes hours!
crumbled cornbread or flavored bread stuffing cubes
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1/2 small chopped onion
1 small celery stick chopped
4 or 5 chopped mushrooms
1 or 2 teaspoons butter
sliced muenster or provalone cheese 2 slice each breast
cajun spice (optional)
2 tablespoons of crushed cornbread or bread crumbs
-turn on oven to 325 to 350°F
-Chop up all veggies and mix in a bowl with crumbs, butter and enough water to moisten.
-Either place in a bowl and warm in microwave or put in the over for a few minutes long enough to melt butter and soften veggies - this will be the stuffing.
-Take a chicken breast slit them open but not completely (butterfly them)
-Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt perper and basil (I also like cajun spice)
-lay on 2 slices of cheese
- spoon on 1 or 2 tablespoons of the stuffing mix.
- Fold over chicken so it looks whole again
- Drizzle lightly with olive oil, grape seed oil or veggie oil
- Sprinkle with crushed bread crumbs
- Bake at 325 to 350°F until the center if the breast meat reaches 160°F. About 15 to 20 minutes.
OPTIONAL: sprinkle with shreaded coconut